COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Resource Center
What you need to know about the disease and our coverage commitment.
Where you can get tests
The government is committed to ensuring access to OTC tests. Here are four ways you can get tests for you and your family:
Visit covidtests.gov to get free tests delivered to your home by the U.S. Postal Service.
Purchase FDA-authorized OTC tests at a retail location and then submit a Health Benefits Claim Form and your OTC test receipt(s) to your local BCBS Plan. Once we process your claim, we’ll mail the contract holder a reimbursement check. You can download the claim form here or call the number on the back of your member ID card to receive one by mail.
Contact your local health department to learn about free COVID-19 testing locations or pickup sites.
Here’s how to get reimbursed:
- Complete a Health Benefits Claim Form and submit it by mail to your local BCBS company.
- It must include the original receipt or a copy of the receipt for purchasing the tests.
- You can submit any number of receipts on a single claim form.
- You must submit a separate claim form for each covered family member.
- Once you reach the limit of eight tests per member per calendar month, we will not reimburse claims for additional tests.
- Once we process your claim, the contract holder will receive a reimbursement check by mail.
- We generally process claims within 30 days from receiving your completed claim form and receipts.