Tips to Get More Out of Your Coverage
When you enroll in the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Service Benefit Plan, you get the same great benefits that many federal employees across the nation already depend on. That includes things like free preventive care, a network with over 96% of hospitals, 95% of doctors and 57,000 retail pharmacies in the U.S. and more.
When you enroll, you also get a lot of tools, resources and incentives that make a big impact on your health and coverage. This can be anything from making it easier to track out-of-pocket costs to helping you save on care.
Follow this checklist to make sure you’re taking full advantage of your plan:
Getting set up with your coverage
- Sign up for MyBlue®. MyBlue is your own personal health site that gives you access to helpful tools, resources and information.
- Use the National Doctor and Hospital Finder tool to search your neighborhood for in-network providers.
- Register for Teladoc®. You’ll be able to connect with a doctor via your phone, tablet or computer for non-emergency medical care 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You can also receive mental health support, nutritional counseling and care for dermatology-related issues.
- Download the fepblue App to take your coverage on the go. You’ll be able to search for providers wherever you are, check claims on the go and share your digital member ID card.
Living healthy every day
- Take the Blue Health Assessment to receive a personalized action plan for better health.
- Get started with the Online Health Coach. You can set goals, like feeling happier or exercising more, and track your progress along the way.
- Sign up for Blue365®. It’s free to join and you’ll get access to exclusive discounts with no redemption limit.
- Visit our Incentives & Discounts page to see what other incentives and discounts you’re eligible for.
Reviewing your healthcare information
- Use the AskBlue℠ FEP Medical Plan Finder if your health needs change and you want to see which of our plans is right for you.
- Take a look at your finances with the FEP® Healthcare Cost Advisor Tool and plan your healthcare budget.
When it comes to your coverage, there’s so much more to discover. When you make full use of all the tools and resources available to you, you make it easier to live well and save on costs.