Five Home Remedies for Psoriasis
Do you suffer from psoriasis? If you do, you know your skin can be really sensitive. But relief doesn’t have to be far away. The most important part of self-care is keeping your skin moist.
- Load up on moisturizer, the thicker the better. Petroleum jelly or other rich cream can lock moisture into your skin and help it heal.
- Get 10 minutes of sun every day. Ultraviolet B rays can help fight psoriasis. Be sure to be safe and wear sunscreen.
- Take a warm bath with Dead Sea or Epsom salt. Soak for about 15 minutes to shed scales and soothe your skin, then slather on cream to seal in the moisture.
- Spice up your meals with a little cayenne pepper. Capsaicin, the key ingredient in hot peppers, can help reduce pain, inflammation and redness.
- Try some turmeric. This bright yellow spice is the heavy hitter in many curry dishes, and research has shown it may reduce psoriasis flare ups.