Specialty pharmacies fill prescriptions for complex medical conditions, such as hepatitis C, multiplesclerosis and hemophilia. Medicines handled by a specialty pharmacy include oral, inhaled, injected and infused drugs. These drugs often require complex care, a high level of support and specific guidelines for shipment and storage. The Specialty Drug Pharmacy Program is administered by AllianceRx Walgreens Prime, which offers a number of advantages to you and your doctor.
In addition to specialty drugs, the Specialty Drug Pharmacy Program will provide personalized pharmacy care management services including:
- Access to an on-call pharmacist 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Medicine and disease-specific education and counseling to review dosing and medication schedules, troubleshoot injection-related issues, discuss potential side effects, and share educational information to help you effectively manage your condition
- Coordination of care with you and your doctor
- Convenient delivery directly to you or your doctor’s office in a temperature-controlled secure package with required ancillary supplies, such as needles, syringes, disposal containers, and alcohol wipes
How to fill your Specialty Medications:
- Make sure your specialty medication is on the Specialty Drug List (Standard Option, Basic Option or FEP Blue Focus) and have your doctor obtain prior authorization if required.
- With your prescription information and member ID card available, call, or have your doctor call, the Specialty Drug Pharmacy Program toll-free at 1-888-346-3731 between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. Eastern time, Monday-Friday and 8:00 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. Eastern time, Saturday and Sunday, or
- Have your doctor fill out the Specialty Medication Order Form and send to:
AllianceRx Walgreens Prime
P.O. Box 692169
Orlando, FL 32869
You may fill one 30-day supply of a specialty drug at a Preferred retail pharmacy. After your first fill at a Preferred retail pharmacy, all additional refills of the same specialty drug must be filled through the Specialty Drug Pharmacy Program.
After you have used three 30-day fills and you and your doctor feel that the drug is working for you, Standard Option and Basic Option members can fill up to a 90-day supply through the Specialty Drug Pharmacy Program. FEP Blue Focus members are limited to a 30-day supply.
If you would like to begin using the Specialty Drug Pharmacy Program simply call AllianceRx Walgreens Prime toll-free at 1-888-346-3731 from 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. Eastern time, Monday-Friday and 8:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. Eastern time, Saturday and Sunday. A member of the Specialty Drug Pharmacy team will assist you with the transition to ensure your specialty drugs are received without interruption.