2023 Plan Rates and Benefits: Service Benefit Plan
With Open Season for federal employees running November 14 through December 12, 2022, now’s the time to learn about some of the changes and updates we’re making to our three benefit plans next year.
Here’s what’s new for 2023:
Health and wellness updates
- Starting in Fall of 2022, FEP Blue Focus members can receive a $150 MyBlue Wellness Card when they complete their annual physical. Use the card for qualified medical expenses or at select Blue365® retailers.
- We will make updates to your preventive care benefits throughout the year. You can see a list of covered preventive care services here.
Maternity and fertility updates
- We increased the number of free mental health visits for members who are pregnant or recently gave birth to eight visits.
- Pregnant members can receive a blood pressure monitor at no cost to them. In 2023 you can order them by calling the National Information Center.
- We will cover egg or sperm storage for members facing infertility due to a medical procedure or treatment. You can use this benefit once per lifetime.
Medical benefit updates
- Basic Option members can get up to 12 rather than 10 covered acupuncture visits a year.
- We lowered the age we will begin covering weight-loss (bariatric) surgery for members to age 16.
- We removed the limit on covered non-sibling donors for transplant services.
- We increased the Basic Option cost share for diagnostic tests, inpatient visits, outpatient visits and emergency visits.
- We added four new drug classes related to mental health to the Standard Option Generic Incentive Program.
- Standard Option members get Preferred insulins for $35 for a 30-day supply and $65 for a 90-day supply, rather than paying a coinsurance amount.
- We cover approved weight-loss drugs through the Pharmacy Program to support members who are obese. You must receive prior approval for this benefit.
- We increased the Basic Option Tier 1, 2 and 3 cost share for covered drugs.
- We will waive the calendar year deductible for FEP Blue Focus members who receive care overseas.
Please note that this is a summary of changes to the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Service Benefit Plan in 2023. This is not an official statement of benefits. Please refer to the brochures to see a full list of benefit changes.
|Self Only (131)||$54.21||$117.46
|Self + 1 (133)||$116.54
|Self & Family (132)||$128.19
|Self Only (111)||$86.67
|Self + 1 (113)||$217.90
|Self & Family (112)||$237.91
|Self Only (104)||$142.40
|Self + 1 (106)||$318.85
|Self & Family (105)||$347.89
If you have questions about our benefit plans, call the National Information Center weekdays from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET at 1-800-411-BLUE (2583). For customer service-related questions, please call your local customer service number found here or on the back of your member ID card.
These rates do not apply to all enrollees. If you are in a special enrollment category, contact the agency or Tribal employer that manages your health benefits enrollment.
This is a summary of the features of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Service Benefit Plan. Before making a final decision, please read the Plan’s Federal brochures (Standard Option and Basic Option: RI 71-005; FEP Blue Focus: RI 71-017). All benefits are subject to the definitions, limitations and exclusions set forth in the Federal brochures.
The Blue Cross Blue Shield Association is an association of independent, locally operated Blue Cross and Blue Shield companies.
The Blue Cross® and Blue Shield® words and symbols, Federal Employee Program® and FEP® are all trademarks owned by Blue Cross Blue Shield Association.