Your Perfect Workday Lunch Is Here
Whether you work from home, at the office or a little bit of both, a good workday lunch can be the pick-me-up you need. It’s the mid-day break you’ve earned and sets the tone for the rest of your day. These two recipes feature classic ingredients with an inspired twist. Proof that familiar doesn’t have to be boring.
Turkey Vegetable Chili with Mac
Cook on Sunday for multiple servings throughout the week.
- 3/4 pound ground turkey
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14 oz. can Mexican-style diced tomatoes
- 1 14 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Mexican or taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/3 cup sour cream
Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add turkey; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Transfer to slow cooker. Add beans, tomatoes, corn, onion, garlic and Mexican seasoning.
Cover; cook on low for 4 to 5 hours.
Stir in macaroni. Cover; cook for 10 minutes. Stir. Cover again and cook for 20 to 30 minutes or until macaroni is tender. Serve with sour cream.
Pro tips: You can easily substitute any other whole grain pasta, like cavatappi, penne or rigatoni, in place of the elbow macaroni.
Instead of sour cream you can use plain Greek yogurt. And for an extra nutritious and tasty punch, top with sliced avocado.
Zesty Mediterranean Tuna Pita
Think you know tuna? Think again. Try this snappy and delicious twist on a time-honored classic. It’s loaded with enough protein and nutrients to sustain you for the entire workday.
- 2 large (6 1/2") whole wheat pita bread rounds, cut in half (this recipe uses only 3 pita halves)
- 6 ounces unsalted tuna packed in water, drained
- 3 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 leaves romaine lettuce
- 3 slices American cheese, cut in half diagonally to form triangles
- 6 slices fresh tomato
- 6 slices cucumber with peel (or peeled if preferred)
- 6 pitted kalamata or black olives
Slice pita bread rounds in half. Use only three pita pocket halves for this recipe.
In a small bowl, mix tuna salad using drained tuna, fat-free mayonnaise, chopped celery, Worcestershire sauce, dill weed and lemon juice.
Now let’s assemble. Dress each half with romaine lettuce followed by 5 tablespoons of tuna salad mixture. Insert 2 triangles of American cheese, 2 slices of tomato and 2 slices of cucumber in the sandwich. Garnish with two olives.
Saving it for later? Wrap it up and chill until serving time.
Pro tip: To add a twist of flavor, sub out the American cheese for mild or sharp provolone.
Reach goals. Earn rewards.
You have your own reasons for getting healthy—and we’re here to help. With the Wellness Incentive Program, eligible Standard and Basic Option members can earn rewards for meeting their health goals. Click here to learn more.