Staying Healthy on Black Friday
Everyone loves getting a deal. That’s why millions of Americans race out the day after Thanksgiving on Black Friday to score savings on almost everything and get their holiday shopping done. Good deals, limited stock and lots of buying all can make this “holiday” feel impossible to get through. Thankfully, we have some tips to help you find the deals you’re looking for without putting your health aside.
- Get enough sleep the night before. Adults need between 7 – 9 hours.
- Eat a balanced breakfast. This will give you plenty of energy throughout the day. Pack some healthy snacks like nuts, popcorn or seeds so you don’t get tempted by processed foods on the road.
- Wear comfortable shoes. Extra cushioning will help reduce foot aches, leg cramps and back aches.
- Get as much shopping done online. You can find many of the same deals online as you can in the store in less time.
- Try not to get all of your shopping done on one day. Many sales run the week before and after.
- Plan out the day with a budget. This will help you stay on-schedule and avoid impulse purchases. If you’re buying gifts, this will also make it easier to track who you’ve bought gifts for.
- Set time aside to relax. Something like a walk, yoga or a relaxing bath can help you unwind.
If you’re looking for additional ways to stay healthy and save, Standard and Basic Option members can earn up to $120 for completing their wellness goals with the Online Health Coach. Black Friday can be a good day to make progress on these goals, like walking more or eating right.