20 Resolutions for the New Year
It happens every January—the craziness of the holidays comes to an end and you do a bit of self-reflection for the new year. You might even decide to take on some new year’s resolutions to improve your well-being. Unfortunately, over half of resolutions are broken within six months. So what’s the secret to sticking to your lifestyle changes? Don’t make impossible goals.
Instead of aiming for massive life changes, plan for smaller, more manageable changes—they’re easier to incorporate into your routine and harder to break. Make no mistake, smaller habits can still significantly improve your quality of life.
Here are some things to try out for the new year:
- Boost your gut health by adding more probiotic-rich foods to your diet.
- Eat fish at least twice per week.
- Wear sunscreen every day—even in the winter.
- Eat out less by planning your meals ahead of time.
- Schedule an annual physical.
- Cut down how much meat you eat by cooking non-meat proteins.
- Pick up a new hobby.
- Try walking outside every day.
- Start managing your health plan with the fepblue app.
- Eat more whole grains instead of simple carbs.
- Get a personalized action plan by taking the Blue Health Assessment.
- Quit smoking with our Tobacco Cessation Incentive Program.
- Do something nice for yourself every day.
- Get in the habit of doing breathing exercises to relieve stress.
- Try a virtual doctor visit.
- Start exercising with a workout buddy.
- Try yoga.
- Search for lower-cost prescriptions with our new Prescription Drug Cost Tool.
- Carry around a reusable water bottle to stay hydrated.
- Try improving your sleep routine.
Need extra motivation to follow through on your goals? The Online Health Coach can help you reach them. Standard and Basic Option members may even be able to earn rewards for completing certain goals. It may take several months to complete your goals through the Online Health Coach, so it’s best to start on them now while your motivation is at its highest.