About 15 of every 100 U.S. adults currently smoke. That’s an estimated 37.8 million Americans despite the research proving the harmful effects of tobacco. Why? Because it’s addictive. Because quitting is hard. Because you haven’t found the right time, program or reason.
But we’re here to help by providing tools and resources to keep you motivated along the way. As an FEP Blue Focus member, you can get free tobacco cessation drugs to help you quit for good. Standard and Basic Option members can also get tools, support and tobacco cessation drugs at no cost.
Here’s how it works:
- Get a prescription from your doctor for eligible tobacco cessation drugs, including over-the-counter (OTC) products (see the list below)
- Pick up your free medication at a Preferred retail pharmacy
The following prescription drugs are covered when you use a Preferred retail pharmacy:
Brand Name Drugs
- Bupropion ER 150 mg tablet
- Bupropion SR 150 mg tablet
Over-the-Counter Products, such as
- Chantix 0.5 mg tablet
- Chantix 1 mg continuing monthly pack
- Chantix 1 mg tablet
- Chantix starting monthly pack
- Nicotrol cartridge inhaler
- Nicotrol NS Spray 10 mg/ml
- Nicorette Gum
- Nicoderm CQ Patch
- Commit Lozenges
To receive benefits for over-the-counter smoking and tobacco cessation drugs, you must have a physician’s prescription for each OTC drug, which must be filled at a Preferred retail pharmacy.
Regular prescription drug benefits will apply to smoking and tobacco cessation drugs not meeting these criteria.
*You must be the contract holder or spouse, 18 or older, on an FEP Blue Focus Plan to be eligible for this benefit.
Find a Pharmacy