Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois (BCBSIL) is dedicated to helping members with chronic conditions maintain a higher quality of life. The Disease Management program is offered by BCBSIL to Service Benefit Plan members who want to effectively manage their condition and achieve better health. The program is designed to provide additional support to you in managing your condition. It targets five conditions:
- Asthma — adult and child
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Components of disease management include:
- Phone contact with a nurse advisor
- Coordination between the member's physician and the nurse advisor
- Educational materials.
- Possible benefits of the Disease Management program are:
- Increase your understanding of your condition
- Gain better control of your symptoms
- Feel better and achieve a more active lifestyle
- Improve overall health
- Decrease medical expense by reducing urgent doctor and emergency room visits.
The BCBSIL Disease Management program is voluntary and available at no additional cost to you. For information on any of the programs, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll-free at 1-866-308-4778, Monday through Friday between 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Central Time.
Page last updated: December 16, 2011